Patient-Centered Cultural Intelligence (PCCQ)
Patient-centered Cultural Intelligence, or PCCQ™, is a comprehensive means for an organization to evaluate how well their diverse groups are being served. PCCQ does not just refer to ethnicity–it encompasses gender, religion, social status, age, and more.
Innovara provides a suite of services designed to transform your organization into a PCCQ Center of Excellence. We will facilitate all steps of the process, including:
- Identifying specific HCAHPS and ACO metrics that determine a PCCQ Center of Excellence
- Conduct a PCCQ Executive Survey
- Evaluate the organization for the 4 PCCQ Impact Areas
- Model the 5 PCCQ Touchpoints for the hospital
- Conduct a cross-cultural communications survey, in conjunction with the U. of Colorado Institute for Bioethics
- Appoint the organization’s PCCQ Council
- Guide them in proposing, developing, implementing and monitoring PCCQ Initiatives
- Assist in creating a PCCQ Project Charter for each initiative
In every patient interaction, we encourage all who work at the hospital to follow the Look-Listen-Ask model. This discourages stereotyping and encourages that each interaction is both patient-centered and culturally intelligent.
In addition, XTLytics and Innovara, Inc. are launching an index of leading health indicators to evaluate and improve PCCQ across hospitals and networks. This PCCQ Index evaluates health inequities and opportunities to impact patient care and population health using external healthcare systems performance, population, and EHR data. It also focuses on specific diseases, including cardiovascular disease, diabetes and COPD.