Innovara Digest – Our Favorite Biotech and Pharma News Blogs
With all of the biotech and pharma news blogs scattered throughout the internet, how do you stay informed without being overwhelmed? Narrowing your feed down to the most important information and insights is crucial. In this week’s Innovara Digest, we are covering our must-read picks.
- MM&M – As far as pharma news blogs go, Medical Marketing & Media is the cream of the crop. In addition to their print magazine, they also electronically publish a variety of content, including daily news roundups, top 100 lists, and opinion pieces. Although the site is geared towards pharma marketers and media agencies, anyone in the industry would benefit from subscribing to MM&M.
- FiercePharma / FierceBiotech – These two blogs focus mainly on current events in the pharma and biotech industries. Categories include: manufacturing, marketing, drug delivery, vaccines, research, IT, CRO, and medtech. FiercePharma lists a separate section for Asian companies. Last year, their parent company Questex began hosting a drug development forum for biotech leaders.
- PharmExec – the online version of Pharmaceutical Executive is packed with interviews, opinion pieces, ebook reviews, webcasts, whitepapers, and editorials in addition to the latest pharma news. Also noteworthy: a section dedicated to global news.
- PharmaVOICE – PharmaVOICE is a must-read blog and print magazine whose contents will stick with you long after you have finished reading. This publication diverts from the typical pharma news blog’s endless stream of mergers, acquisitions, and FDA approvals. Contributors offer fresh insights on patient engagement, outcomes, access, talent development, RWE, and more.
- FirstWord – This online publication produced by Doctor’s Guide Publishing looks like a blast from the past, but it is rich with the latest pharma news, insights, and analyses. The StoryWatch series contains a number of interesting sub-categories:
- Gene/CAR-T Cell Therapy
- Orphan Drugs
- Market Access
- Emerging Markets
Honorable Mention and/or Tangentially-Related News Blogs:
- PMLive – Must read: thought leadership series, job postings (mostly UK)
- Endpoints – deep dives and special reports on news in the biotech industry
- EyeforPharma – A true blog, mainly consisting of opinion pieces and videos
- International Biopharm – Read for its coverage of biosimilars, regulatory affairs, and manufacturing
- Pharmaceutical Technology – Covers operations, outsourcing, manufacturing, and quality control
- Medscape – Clinical trials, healthcare policy, coverage of individual specialties (such as oncology)
- Mobihealthnews – more general healthcare technology news, but this blog gets a special mention for its in-depth coverage of the latest and greatest in digital health
- Kaiser Health News – U.S.-centric health policy blog
- PharmaTimes – Based in Southeast England, focuses on E.U. and U.S. pharma news and interviews
- Worldpharmanews – Focuses on world news; extensive coverage of conferences and events
Looking for other ways to stay up-to-date? Take one of our public courses for the ultimate refresher, or request an assessment to discover your team’s development needs.