Medical Affairs Competency Modeling
Clearly communicate your organization’s job performance expectations with Innovara’s medical affairs competency modeling services. What sets our medical affairs competency models apart: we base all core skills on measurable, observable, describable behaviors rather than knowledge alone.
What is a competency?
According to Business Dictionary, a competency is “a cluster of related abilities, commitments, knowledge, and skills that enable a person (or an organization) to act effectively in a job of situation. Competence indicates sufficiency of knowledge and skills that enable someone to act in a wide variety of situations.”
More succinctly, we define a competency as the demonstration of knowledge through skill that produces a desired outcome.
According to the Association for Talent Development, competency modeling allows your organization to clearly describe the characteristics of your highest performers. Competencies better position you to recruit, select, develop, reward, and promote the most successful people. Maintain your competitive edge by using competencies to create a more talented workforce.
What Medical Affairs Competency Modeling services does Innovara Provide?
Our medical affairs competency modeling process begins by reviewing specific business performance, identifying a position’s most important competencies. We define each competency and outline several measurable, observable, describable skills for each, differentiating between the levels of capability needed. The result is a concise, to the point competency model that is custom tailored to specific positions in your organization.
- Create a new medical affairs competency model for your organization from scratch, or by adapting Innovara’s existing medical affairs competencies to fit your organizational goals
- Overhaul or redefine your organization’s existing competencies
- Fill out your organization’s existing competencies with measurable, observable, describable skills
- Define a new position
- Distinguish between fundamental, intermediate, and advanced skills
- Update your organization’s competency model to reflect the evolution of medical affairs, ensuring a professional and competitive industry advantage
- Provide consultation or feedback based on your organization’s existing competency model